Title picture from Les Toiles Du Soleil (“The Cloth of the Sun”)

lestoilesdusoleilnyc.com
261 W 19
th St. , New York, NY 10011
100% woven cotton made in France.

What started it all ......
1958
Mom's California Hand Prints vintage dark green tablecloth with pine cones and snowflakes.
I found a similar tablecloth in 2013, 50" x 54.”
My 2013 re-creation of Mom's table.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mid Century Modern Mobiles #1


You can take the boy out of California, but you can't take California out of the boy.  I lived in CA in the 1950's.

Metlox Poppytrail California pottery. I mix and match the Freeform, Mobile, and Contempora patterns.
Post-86 Lilac Fiesta tripod candlesticks.  Russel Wright Eclipse glasses.  Bakelite flatware.
Halcyon pill box showing Andy Warhol's Queen Elizabeth II.  I figure staring at these mobile shapes and colors very long will necessitate an aspirin or two!